At Melbourne Property Valuers Metro, we have a dedicated team of expert Senior Valuers that specialise in calculating Unit Entitlements for all strata schemes. Our team of certified property valuers all have at least 20 years’ experience in providing valuations for all property types.
Seeking out a valuation for a unit entitlement is crucial for paying the correct and fair fees and levies when owning apart of a larger strata scheme. A unit entitlement within strata schemes will reflect the accurate portion of a property that sits within a larger structure – this might be a townhouse or apartment within a complex.
When owning a portion of strata scheme, you are responsible for the paying a portion of the maintenance and insurance coverage levies. The size of your unit entitlement will guide the fees you will be paying for these levies as well as setting your voting rights within the strata scheme. Unit entitlements are not distributed equally among Lot owners, so calculating the correct distribution of your unit entitlement is vital for fair and accurate distribution of levy payments and voting rights.
The rules governing unit entitlements and how they are calculated are defined by the Strata Titles Act. This Act defines that the entitlements in a new strata must be calculated by a registered Property Valuer. The way this is calculated is quite complex and requires thorough research and specialist understanding of what goes into a unit entitlement. As such, you need to ensure an Australian Property Institute (API) qualified property valuer with ample industry experience is chosen to complete this work.
Unit Entitlements can also be re-visited in an existing strata scheme. This is completed if you feel the original entitlements are unfair or out of line, or if boundaries and areas have been realigned and they now need to be re-calculated on the new dimensions. Our team of expert Valuers will be able to inspect the units within the strata scheme and provide a certified independent valuation which will then be used to calculate the unit entitlements for the entire development.
Unit Entitlement Property Valuers
At Melbourne Property Valuers Metro, we understand the importance for receiving an accurate unit entitlement. That’s why we only employ API qualified and experienced Valuers to ensure that your unit entitlement is correct and fair. When calculating a unit entitlement, we will look into a variety of factors that play an important role in what you will pay towards levies. We also play a big role in:
- Calculating unit entitlements for strata owners in all residential and commercial properties
- Helping owners understand the share in ownership and responsibility in areas such as common property, utilities, parking, elevators, and other such additions
- Advising the strata owners on day to day functioning of the Body Corporate
- The unit entitlement quantification is a complex calculation and there are several factors involved being the size of the lot, the location, the layout as well as other defining features
- Advising on the annual levies and taxes to be paid by each lot owner based on the correct division of unit entitlement Melbourne Property Valuers Metro have an expert team of Property Valuers with over 20 years’ experience that will provide a detailed valuation to help calculate ownership rights within your strata scheme. Our Senior Property Valuers are all qualified and trained with the Australian Property Institute (API) and have extensive experience unit entitlements for your assurance.
We have a team of experienced property valuers based in Melbourne to help in offering the best service at affordable rates, while not compromising on integrity and honesty. We pride ourselves on maintaining quality assurance and the best services for our clients. Our dedicated team will go above and beyond to ensure that your unit entitlement is correct and fair to ensure that you don’t pay more than you are entitled to.
In addition to our expert Valuers, we also have a helpful office team that can help you with any query throughout the entire booking process. Further to being the experts in property and valuation services, we are dedicated to ensuring the highest customer service. We believe in helping our clients to the best of our abilities and always ensuring that our clients are satisfied with our services.
Seeking out a property valuation for unit entitlement purposes is vital for determining an accurate current market value of the property for the correct distribution of owner rights. Having the correct portions delegated to you, as an owner, within a strata scheme will give you the peace of mind that you are paying what you are entitled to.